Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From TweetViewer to TweetStalk: The spam wave is hitting twitter again

 Well I guess the spam writers are thinking the third time is the charm because TweetViewer scam that has been making rounds a lot recently has taken to twitter again. This time it is no longer under Tweetviewer but under the name TweetStalker.

 The message has not really changed since the last time. This is the current message: I just viewed my TOP10 Profile STALKERS. I can't believe my EX is still checking me every day - (Bad goo.gl link)

 The other common message is: WOW! You can see WHO VISITS your TWITTER profile. That's fun! :)- (bad app link)


 Like always it will most likely lead to a scam or spam service to make the spammers money. They app will not not tell you who your is viewing/stalking your profile. Also remember deleting the tweets is not enough, you must remove the scam sites permission to access you account or else it can come alive again. Also it may be a good idea to change your twitter password to be on the safe side.


 I will be watching for changes and reporting them as I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment