Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My top profile stalkers are spam wave hits twitter

 Facebook is not the only one that has been hit with the "who's viewing your profile" spam. While checking out blog stats I noticed I was getting a wave of traffic from users searching for "My top 10 stalkers on Facebook" and "My top 10 stalkers on twitter". Since getting a wave of traffic from one topic is not normal for my blog I decided to take a look into what was causing those a hits.

  A quick twitter search showed me why people were searching for it. A fake spam wave of "Top ten stalkers"  was spreading through twitter accounts. Instead of saying they could see who was viewing your Facebook page they were saying they could see who was viewing your twitter page. The fake message looks like the following:  I just viewed my TOP10 Profile STALKERS. I can't believe my EX is still checking me every day - (Bad app like) and is going under the app name: Who viewed your profile?

 Like the Facebook variant of this scam none of these Twitter apps can show you who is viewing your profile and if your twitter account starts spreading this message make sure you delete all the tweets so no other users click the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment