Sunday, April 24, 2011

Should short links be able to point to Short links?

 While doing spam/scam research recently something I noticed is that Twitter bots are short linking a url then short linking the short url to cause a "hop" around different sites. I noticed this in my last article on the Free Ipad scams and StopMalvertising posted about it recently on their blog post about free Ipad scams.

 This leads to the important question of "should short links be able to point to other short links"? I personally have yet to see a good use of short links pointing to short links. A majority of the time when I see the double short links the end result is just malware or a twitter scam. I honestly think it may be a good idea for some short link creators to test this out, I think its a good idea personally. What do y'all think? Leave your thoughts in the comments below! I

No comments:

Post a Comment